slanting adj : having an oblique or slanted direction [syn: aslant, aslope, diagonal, slanted, sloped, sloping]
- present participle of slant
- The state or quality of being slanted.
- The slanting of the hill was too steep for safe skiing.
- French: en pente
Slant can refer to:
- Bias or other non-objectivity in journalism, politics, academia or other fields
- Slant (route), an American football play pattern.
- slant (handwriting), an attribute of Western handwriting
- Slant (journal), a Catholic journal
- Slant Magazine, a film, TV, and music review website
- Slant (fanzine), a fanzine by Walt Willis, winner of the 1954 Retrospective Hugo Award for Best Fanzine
- A racial slur for people of Asian descent, in reference to the shape of their eyes.
- The Slant, a student humor magazine at Vanderbilt University
abstractionism, aslant, aslope, atilt, bevel, beveled, bias, biased, canting, careening, coloring, corruption, deformation, distortion, exaggeration, expressionism, false coloring, falsification, garbling, hyperbole, inaccuracy, inclinational, inclinatory, inclined, inclining, injustice, leaning, listing, litotes, miscoloring, misconstruction, misdirection, misdrawing, misinterpretation, mispainting, misquotation, misreport, misrepresentation, misstatement, misteaching, misuse, nonrealism, out of plumb, out of square, overdrawing, overstatement, perversion, pitched, raking, recumbent, shelving, shelvy, sideling, sidelong, slant, slanted, slantways, slantwise, sloped, sloping, straining, tilted, tilting, tipped, tipping, tipsy, torturing, twisting, understatement